Earlier this year CMS chose to go against the majority of Char Meck citizens' wishes and decided to let students choose their gender identity and choose the bathroom and locker room they want to use starting in August of 2016. "When school opens in August, transgender students will be called by the name and pronoun they choose. That chosen gender identity will be honored in restrooms, locker rooms, yearbooks and graduation ceremonies, according to a new regulation released Monday."
While the unpopularity of the decision has led to an outpour of condemnation by constituents, the Char Meck school system has not chosen to put the policy on hold or even to revisit it. The decision has major consequences:
- Indoctrinate students into an anything goes attitude towards sexual expression and activity
- Validate and teach as normal every kind of gender and sexual identity and expression
- Eliminate any idea that there are moral absolutes
- Silence anyone that objects and label them as intolerant bigots
- Over time use these concepts in broader culture to eliminate expressions of faith and to shut down individuals and businesses that morally object
The School Board needs to hear from you by phone, by email, by letter, or in person at the July 26 or August 9 meetings. Your local school principal needs to hear from you as well.
Similar "ill conceived" policies have been reversed or put on hold in other states when the parents of the community have stood up and expressed their feelings. Will Charlotte citizens do the same? Will you?
Please consider clicking to take these four actions:
- Email the school board.
- Attend the July 26th or August 9th School Board Meeting.
- Write a letter to the schoolboard and your local school.
- Call the members of the school board.
600 E Fourth St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Google map and directions