The North Carolina Values Coalition thanks Governor Pat McCrory for his commitment to the people of North Carolina.
Let's set something straight: Governor McCrory’s defeat was orchestrated by radical forces outside North Carolina that poured millions of dollars into the state to “eviscerate” our state’s leaders and fundamentally change our state’s values. They outspent the Governor two to one. It was an organized and well-funded strategy, laid out in Blueprint NC, and supported by left-wing, out-of-state donors like George Soros, Planned Parenthood, and the Human Rights Campaign.
Years ago, radical activists from groups such as Planned Parenthood and the Z Smith Reynolds Foundation—which had a $470 million endowment at its peak!—came together to formulate a plan to take over our state. Check out their stated goals from their infamous Blueprint NC memo:
- Potential Two Year Vision: "Eviscerate the leadership and weaken their ability to govern." "Mitigate legislative attacks on progressive values and set up legal challenges." (Pg. 1)
- Potential Ten Year Vision: "Progressives own the issue environment." "Progressives are prepared to influence the redistricting process in 2020." (Pg. 1)
Doesn't this sound familiar? They are doing exactly what they set out to do. At this moment, their efforts have helped them win North Carolina's executive and judicial branches.
We also learned last week that an Obama-appointed judge ruled that the state must hold special elections for a number of Senate and House seats in 2017. When this news came out, Blueprint NC member Equality NC had this to say: "That means an opportunity to solidly take back all three branches of government in North Carolina with pro-equality elected officials."
They made a blueprint, and they're building on it. Now they're aiming to take over the third branch of NC government so they can repeal HB2. We can't let this happen.
We don't have a $470 million endowment, but we have you. Can you donate $5, $10, $25, $50, or even $100 towards helping stop these radical activists from taking over the legislature?
North Carolina Values Coalition Statement on North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory Conceding to Roy Cooper:
"North Carolina Values Coalition thanks Governor Pat McCrory for his commitment to the people of North Carolina. His leadership over the last four years will not be forgotten. Not only has Governor McCrory created a booming economy in North Carolina where businesses and families thrive, but he has stood strong to protect the privacy, dignity, and safety of our citizens. Governor McCrory’s defeat was orchestrated by radical forces outside North Carolina that poured millions of dollars into the state to “eviscerate” our state’s leaders and fundamentally change our state’s values. It was an organized and well-funded strategy, laid out in Blueprint NC, and supported by left-wing, out-of-state donors like George Soros, Planned Parenthood, and the Human Rights Campaign. They outspent the Governor two to one. North Carolina Values Coalition will continue to work with the leaders in the House & Senate to assure grown men are never allowed access into women's bathrooms, locker rooms or changing facilities and that businesses are free to live and work according to their deeply held religious beliefs. We want to put Governor-elect Cooper on notice that the citizens of North Carolina will not stand for any attempt by out-of-state interests to fundamentally change our values or compromise the privacy and safety of our children." - Tami Fitzgerald, Executive Director North Carolina Values Coalition
1. The 4th Circuit Court rules that NC needs to have a special election in 2017 for 28 state House and Senate districts.
On Tuesday night Judge Wynne—a 4th Circuit federal judge appointed by Obama—ruled that the NC legislature must redistrict by March 15 and hold primary and general elections again in November.
Check out who was behind it, and what you can do to help: http://www.ncvalues.org/major_news_about_2017_threat
2. 'Fixer Upper' stars Chip & Joanna Gaines under fire for Evangelical church's views on marriage.
Radical intolerant activists have released their attack on Chip & Joanna Gaines and their HGTV show Fixer Upper. The Mainstream Media and militant LGBT activists are unleashing their fury over reports the Gaines family attends Antioch Community Church, a non-denominational megachurch that holds a Biblical-viewpoint on marriage and homosexually. (Read more)
3. Fashion designers who have designed dresses for past First Ladies are boycotting Melania Trump.
Designer Sophie Theallet stated: “As an independent fashion brand, we consider our voice an expression of our artistic and philosophical ideas. The Sophie Theallet brand stands against all discrimination and prejudice. Our runway shows, ad campaigns, and celebrity dressing have always been a celebration of diversity and a reflection of the world we live in.”
Meanwhile, florists and bakers are fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for adhering to deep-seated religious convictions. (Read more)
4. Nielsen estimates revealed that ESPN lost 555,000 subscribers during the last month.
Earlier this year, NC Values' Tami Fitzgerald was on one of these liberal ESPN programs, where she was asked to defend HB2 against an ESPN transgender staff member after the NBA pulled its all-star game. That's the type of reporting that has led ESPN's subscribers to leave in droves.
"In the last two months, ESPN has lost 1,176,000 subscribers, a subscriber loss nearly the size of the city of Dallas, Texas. ESPN currently has just over 88 million domestic subscribers. In 2013, a mere three years ago, ESPN had 99 million subscribers. That’s right, in the last three years, ESPN lost somewhere in the neighborhood of ten million subscribers, the rough equivalent of the combined populations of New York City and Phoenix." (Read more)
5. Love Life Charlotte.
This Saturday Love Life Charlotte is marking 40 weeks of prayer walks in Charlotte. Join over 4,000 people on December 3rd at 9:30am for a historic gathering to make this the greatest day of life our city has ever seen. One Hour of your time walking and praying can impact a life for eternity. Join us!
Register at www.LoveLifeCharlotte.com
MAJOR NEWS: On Tuesday night Judge Wynne—a 4th Circuit federal judge appointed by Obama—ruled that the NC legislature must redistrict by March 15 and hold primary and general elections again in November! These are the same maps pre-cleared by the Obama Justice Department, and upheld twice by the state's Supreme Court (which they now control).
We now find out that the Southern Coalition for Social Justice represented the plaintiffs in the 4th Circuit ruling. Who are they? Civitas' Mapping the Left project summarizes the Durham-based group as follows:
- "Southern Coalition for Social Justice is an extreme radical left-wing group that promotes community organizing to effect economic, social and political change."
- "Anita Earl, Executive Director of the SSSJ, was a member of the State Board of Elections before resigning to sue the state over the 2010 redistricting maps."
- "Over fifteen percent of the group’s grant money comes from two extreme liberal political groups – Foundation to Promote Open Society (George Soros group) and the Z Smith Reynolds Foundation."
- George Soros' Foundation to Promote Open Society donated $980,000 to the Southern Coalition for Social Justice.
- Z Smith Reynolds Foundations gave over $2,700,000 to fund Equality NC, Planned Parenthood, NARAL, and Campaign for Southern Equality.
- "SCSJ belongs to the following networks: Democracy NC, Moral Mondays and Blueprint NC. Blueprint NC is the group that gained infamy with their strategy memo that directed their members to “eviscerate, mitigate, litigate, cogitate and agitate” the state’s leadership in 2013."
This is their strategy. They're hoping that by winning this court victory, they can undo the 2016 elections, catch NC off guard in a low turnout 2017 election, and "eviscerate" our state's leaders and culture.
Don't take our word for it. Yesterday NC Rep. Chris Sgro and Executive Director of Equality NC—another group that shares funders with SCSJ—said this about the ruling:
- "That means an opportunity to solidly take back all three branches of government in North Carolina with pro-equality elected officials. That means a way for national progressives to show the whole country what we really stand for - starting right now in the South. That means our best chance yet at the repeal of HB2."
We've been saying for a while that radical activists see NC as a gateway towards changing Southern and National culture. NC Values was created to stop this from happening. We have a tremendous track-record of success. But 2017 may be our most challenging year ever.
We must expand our grassroots networks and resources now. This is where you come in!
Will you join us? Will you help us fight for North Carolina's values? If so, please consider taking two actions today: (1) signing up to help volunteer (you can phone bank, pray, share online content, organize, and more), and (2) making an important $10, $25, or $50 donation.
NC Values Coalition Statement on Planned Parenthood Challenge of North Carolina's Abortion Law:
“When North Carolina legalized abortion over 40 years ago, it did so with a ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Based on new scientific discoveries showing that unborn babies feel excruciating pain at approximately 20 weeks of pregnancy, the state adopted a U.S. Supreme Court-sanctioned exception that would allow these late-term abortions only for “medical emergencies.” Seventy percent of Americans believe that late-term abortions after 20 weeks are wrong, because the unborn babies are subjected to and can feel pain, and because there are hardly any circumstances under which a woman would wait till the 5th month of pregnancy to seek an abortion." - Tami Fitzgerald, North Carolina Values Coalition Executive Director
Below is just a sample of the clear scientific evidence with sources referenced:
- On Fetal Pain: The Evidence,” Doctors on Fetal Pain, accessed on May 12, 2014, http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com.
- On neurological development: “Pain receptors appear around the mouth 4 to 5 weeks post-fertilization, followed by the development of nerve fibers, which carry stimuli to the brain. Around 6 six weeks post-fertilization, the unborn child first responds to touch. By 18 weeks post-fertilization, pain receptors have appeared throughout the body.” (2003 medical textbook on maternal, fetal, and neonatal physiology)
- On early fetal response to painful stimuli: “The earliest reactions to painful stimuli motor reflexes can be detected at 7.5 weeks of gestations [5.5 weeks post-fertilization].” (Aida Salihagić Kadić and Maja Predojević, “Fetal neurophysiology according to gestational age,” Seminars in Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 17, no. 5 (2012): 256-260.)
- On fetal stress responses: “Multiple studies show that ‘the human fetus from 18-20 weeks elaborates pituitary-adrenal, sympatho-adrenal, and circulatory stress responses to physical insults.’” (2013 expert testimony before Congress of Dr. Maureen Condic, Director of Human Embryology instruction for the School of Medicine at the University of Utah, http://www.priestsforlife.org/legislation/hr-1797-condic.pdf. )
- On fetal experience of pain being more intense than in adults: “Mechanisms that inhibit or moderate the experience of pain do not begin to develop until 32 to 34 weeks post-fertilization. Any pain the unborn child experiences before these pain inhibitors are in place is likely more intense than the pain an older infant or adult experiences when subjected to similar types of injury.” (Expert Report of Kanwaljeet S. Anand, M.B.B.S., D.Phil.” National Right to Life, January 15, 2014, http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/fetalpain/AnandPainReport.pdf)
- What Science Reveals About Fetal Pain, Arina O. Grossu http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF15A104.pdf
NC Values Files Amicus Brief in 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in Support of Mississippi's Newly Passed First Amendment Defense Act
"'Today's decision . . . will be used to vilify Americans who are unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.' Obergefell v. Hodges, 135 S. Ct. 2584, 2642 (2015) (Alito, J., dissenting). Mississippi legislators acted quickly to protect the "[m]any good and decent people [who] oppose same-sex marriage as a tenet of faith." Id. at 2625 (Roberts, C.J., dissenting).
The free exercise of religion is not discrimination. Obergefell created catastrophic challenges for religious liberty but could not craft the accommodations to preserve that liberty. '[T]his Court is not a legislature.' Id. at 2611. HB 1523 is neither a license to discriminate nor an unconstitutional endorsement of religion, but a protection for citizens whose views Obergefell disparaged. Plaintiffs' views, now stamped with Supreme Court approval, need no further protection—and their disagreement with others is not a legally cognizable injury. In a free society, no one can escape offense."
As we continue to get deeper and deeper into the results of this election, the number of questionable incidents is worse than we expected:
- A Democrat-funded PAC called Bladen County Improvement Association PAC milled hundreds of absentee ballots that were witnessed and signed by the same people.
- Gov. McCrory has filed protests in over 50 counties, insisting some votes have come from individuals who are deceased, felons, or voted multiple times.
- Incidents have led the Civitas Center for Law and Freedom (CLF) to file a federal lawsuit requesting a restraining order on same-day ballots via same-day registration.
- These incidents have led Gov. McCrory to file for an official recount.
This is some scary stuff. What makes it even scarier is all the other stuff we're finding out that happened behind the scenes during the election. For example, on October 31st, WBTV launched an On Your Side investigation that uncovered a political group affiliated with Planned Parenthood posing as an "anti-tolls group" to recruit campaign workers in Mecklenburg county. WBTV found the group was actually a front to push anti-HB2 candidates, and attack McCrory.
A spokeswoman from the organization said Community Outreach Group was running a canvassing program for Planned Parenthood Action PAC NC together with Aim Higher Now NC. However, we found it to be a disgusting ring of special interest groups funding the whole thing, with big donations coming directly from D.C. groups like Planned Parenthood Action.
It gets confusing, but here's what we found:
- Aim Higher Now NC--the group Planned Parenthood was "collaborating with"--was actually a project of an organization called NC Citizens for Protecting Our Schools.
- NC Citizens for Protecting Our Schools this year donated $1,475,000 to an organization called NC Families First.
- NC Families First spent over $2,670,000 targeting Republican members of the NC General Assembly, with almost half of it going towards opposing Supreme Court Justice Bob Edmunds.
- NC Families First also donated nearly $500,000 to Planned Parenthood Action PAC NC.
This brings us back to where we started. Seems the group Planned Parenthood was "collaborating" with, was really just another group fronting them money.
At this point you're probably asking yourself, why in the world are organizations whose stated purpose are providing abortions and opposing education reform creating anti-toll canvassing organizations?
Why do groups claiming to advocate for abortion and against parents choosing the best schools for their children feel the need to hide behind organizations claiming to oppose toll roads? Perhaps the biggest irony is that a group calling itself "NC Families First" is championing policies and a gubernatorial candidate whose demand that men be able to use a woman's restroom directly endangers the privacy and safety of wives and daughters.
This is only the beginning. We're sure more shenanigans will surface, especially when you recall the same organizations funding these types of organizations probably funded the attacks against vote integrity efforts like voter ID.
These organizations are not going away. They will use next year to continue undermining our election process by hiding behind special interest fronts. We'll need to challenge them every step of the way. Will you make a $5, $10, $25, or $50 donation to help us fight against special interest groups like Planned Parenthood Action interfering in our state?
NOVEMBER 4, 2016
NC Values Coalition PAC's New Media Campaign Puts HB2 Focus on
Protecting the Privacy Rights and Safety of North Carolina Women and Children.
Raleigh, NC – Tami Fitzgerald, Executive Director of the North Carolina Values Coalition announced today that a state-wide media buy launched on Tuesday of this week by the NC Values Coalition PAC and the NC Values Coalition has now reached over 1,000,000 voters and is designed to reach over 3,000,000 voters by election day.
The digital and broadcast TV campaign was created to educate and remind voters about the truth underlying House Bill 2’s primary purpose—protecting the safety and privacy of our daughters and of women in public bathrooms and changing facilities. The campaign is intended to underscore HB2’s commonsense intent there should be no men in women’s bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers.
“Roy Cooper’s bathroom plan is to expose women and children to unnecessary risk of sexual assault and to invade their privacy by allowing any man at any time to enter a woman’s bathroom just by claiming to be a woman that day. Attorney General Roy Cooper has made HB2 his primary campaign issue, and he has done it by deceiving the public about the real underlying issue. We believe people need to understand that by refusing to defend HB2 and campaigning against HB2, Roy Cooper has laid out his bathroom plan—to allow grown men into bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms with young girls. That goes too far,” said Tami Fitzgerald.
During this election, we will be electing leaders to lead our great state of North Carolina. As far as our State government is concerned, casting your vote for candidates who will represent our North Carolina Values is critical, and I urge you to go vote today!
You may have heard that because of a pipeline explosion this week, there could be gas shortages in the coming days. Voting early ensures that a gas shortage won’t keep you from voting on Tuesday, November 8th. Early voting is underway, and you can look up your early voting polling place here.
When you vote, we want to encourage you to cast your vote for candidates who have stood strongly in favor of family values like limiting abortion, protecting religious freedoms, allowing school choice, and ensuring privacy and safety for our children. We believe that voting in favor of candidates who share our values produces good public policies that reflect those values. Therefore, we encourage you to consider these Champions of Family Values as you vote!
Governor & Council of State
Governor Pat McCrory has stood strong in supporting HB2, which protects the privacy and safety of women and young girls in bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers. HB2 repealed the dangerous Charlotte ordinance that would have allowed any man to enter a woman’s bathroom at any time merely by claiming to be a woman that day. On the other hand, his opponent, Roy Cooper, has refused to defend HB2 in the court challenges brought by the ACLU, has campaigned against the law, and has used it to bring economic harm to the State of North Carolina. If you haven’t seen our video ad about the impact of Roy Cooper’s bathroom plan, you can watch it here. We encourage you to share it with your friends and families. Governor McCrory has also signed 3 major pro-life bills during his tenure as Governor. All this in addition to the economic surge he has brought and the sorely needed reforms to public education. Governor McCrory has been a strong leader for our values!
Lieutenant Governor--Dan Forest
Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest has supported not only tremendous economic and education reforms, but he has led the fight to preserve religious freedom in our State. He has given his unwavering support for HB2 and pro-life reforms. He is a man of unquestionable integrity and godly character who has contributed greatly to the freedoms that we enjoy now. Lieutenant Governor Forest is a champion of our family values!
Attorney General--Buck Newton
As a state senator, Buck Newton led the fight to pass HB2. He has stood strong on Biblical issues like marriage, and abortion. But he has also led criminal reform bills that protect women and children from sexual assault and put victims of crime above the criminals themselves. He will be the type of Attorney General who will actually do his job, by defending the spurious attacks by leftist groups on reforms passed by our great legislature and Governor.
State Treasurer--Dale Folwell
As the Speaker Pro Tempore in the State House and the Secretary of Employment Security, Dale Folwell led efforts to clean up state government and to protect family values. He paid off a $2.6B debt to the federal government that was left to him by his predecessor and created a $2B surplus. As State Treasurer, Dale will shine the light on bad financial practices, reform our state’s treasury, and protect families who depend on the State for health insurance and retirement benefits.
NC Supreme Court Justice--Justice Bob Edmunds
As a sitting Supreme Court Justice, Bob Edmunds is a conservative jurist who seeks to preserve the Constitution and laws of our state by strictly construing them, not legislating from the bench. If he does not win re-election, the balance of power of the court will shift from conservative to liberal. Justice Edmunds has been a fair judge who rules impartially!
Court of Appeals
Judge Richard Dietz, Hunter Murphy, Bob Hunter, Phil Berger, Jr. and Valerie Zachery.
You can also find out how much your legislators championed pro-family causes by visting our Champions of the family scorecard.
To advance conservative and Biblical values in our State, it is important that you vote! And voting for people who share our values is important!
Thanks to your support and donations, we have put together an incredibly powerful new ad.
This sheds light on what HB2 is really about: protecting the privacy rights and safety of women and children.
Roy Cooper can't seem to understand that. Not only has he failed to defend the bill—as mandated by his job responsibilities as our Attorney General—but he has also campaigned against it. Roy Cooper's bathroom plan would instead expose our women and children to unnecessary risk of sexual assault and invade their privacy.