Tami Fitzgerald, NC Values' Executive Director, has spent a lifetime serving and protecting pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious liberty values. Whether it is through 22+ years of legal work across three states, or serving as the chairwoman of the successful NC marriage amendment, Tami has sought to protect the type of values conducive to a healthy and flourishing society.
Over 5 years ago, Tami was moved by the risks posed against the causes of life, family, and liberty by increasingly aggressive liberal activists and an attitude of political correctness. In response, she felt called to create the non-profit organization known as the North Carolina Values Coalition. The coalition was established with the goal of influencing elections by electing pro-life, pro-family, and pro-religious liberty candidates. Since its inception, Tami and the NC Values Coalition have been on the front lines of North Carolina's major social and political battles.
Some of Tami's additional experience includes:
- State Director of the Women's Speak Out PAC
- Chairwoman of Vote FOR Marriage NC, the official referendum committee that successfully passed the North Carolina Marriage Amendment
- Lobbyist in the General Assembly for six-seven years on pro-family and business issues
- Attorney licensed in North Carolina, Arizona, and Oklahoma for over 22 years
- Former Executive Director of NC4Marriage (2008-09)
- Former Board Member of the pro-family policy group in NC and Classical Christian School
Tami lives in Raleigh with her husband Craig, is the mother of two, and the grandmother of three.