Welcome to the Friday Five! Every Friday we share our top five articles, stories, and quotes for you to read and share with your friends and church families.
1. Trump’s Executive Order fails to address most pressing religious liberty threats
President Trump has issued an executive order on “free speech and religious liberty” that does not address the major threats to religious liberty in the United States.
"Today’s executive order is woefully inadequate. Trump campaigned promising Americans that he would protect their religious liberty rights and correct the violations that took place during the previous administration." (Read more)
2. SHOCK: Democrats Introduce Legislation to Ban Christian Counseling
Democrats in Washington have introduced legislation that would ban Christian counseling for those who want help overcoming same-sex attraction. (Read more)
3. VIDEO: Live from the Capitol for the defunding of Planned Parenthood
4. After a full year of sliding profits and stock prices, retail giant Target Corp. has announced a cut in pay for its CEO, Brian Cornell
"But the company has experienced much turmoil since early in 2016 when it announced a new policy of allowing men posing as women to be allowed to choose any bathroom or changing room they feel like using at any given time. It was an announcement that triggered a massive boycott petition, the #BoycottTarget petition organized by the American Family Association, which gained the support of over a million would-be Target customers in less than a month." (Read more)
5. Netflix Edits ‘Bill Nye’ Episode to Remove Segment Saying Chromosomes Determine Gender
"When uploaded to Netflix, an episode of the educational children's show "Bill Nye the Science Guy" cut out a segment saying that chromosomes determine one's gender.
In the original episode, titled "Probability," a young woman told viewers, "I'm a girl. Could have just as easily been a boy, though, because the probability of becoming a girl is always 1 in 2."
"The new show endorses a socially liberal understanding of gender, under which gender is defined by self-identification rather than genetics and there are more than just the two traditional genders." (Read more)