1. NBA All-Star game moved out of Charlotte.
The NBA decided to continue their bullying and pull the NBA out of Charlotte. Tami Fitzgerald had this to say: "We are disappointed that Commissioner Silver has decided to cancel the League’s commitment to the City of Charlotte, the Charlotte Hornets, and the people of North Carolina over the League’s desire to give in to the bullying by radical left-wing groups like the Human Rights Campaign and Equality NC. The League has decided that advancing a political agenda that embraces allowing grown men into the bathrooms and showers of young girls is more important than protecting the privacy and safety of their fans. Our telephone conversations with the customer service staff at the Smoothie King Center box office this week indicate the arena in New Orleans has the same bathroom policies as Time Warner Arena in Charlotte." (Read More)
2. NC Values calls on North Carolinians to share their beliefs on HB 2 with a short 5 minute survey.
For months, the good people of North Carolina have had their names and state dragged through the mud. We have been bullied by sports organizations, radical activists, slanderous media outlets, and big businesses. Are you an educator, business owner, or family member? We want to hear from real North Carolinians. Can you take 5 minutes to share your beliefs about HB 2?
3. Donald Trump is nominated as the GOP Presidential Candidate. Trump's choice of Mike Pence becomes one of the most conservative and pro-life VP picks in decades.
Donald Trump's pick of Mike Pence for VP is one of the most conservative in decades. Susan B. Anthony List president Marjorie Dannenfelser had this to say:
“Mr. Trump’s selection of Gov. Mike Pence is an affirmation of the pro-life commitments he’s made and will rally the pro-life grassroots,” “Gov. Pence has proven to be a pro-life champion both during his time in Congress and as Governor of Indiana. It was Mike Pence who led the effort to defund Planned Parenthood in Congress, and it was Gov. Pence who signed into law a historic bill protecting unborn children from lethal discrimination in the womb. Mike Pence is a pro-life trailblazer and Mr. Trump could not have made a better choice.”
4. GOP adopts strong pro-life and pro-marriage convention party platform.
The GOP has adopted one of its strongest pro-marriage and pro-life convention party platforms this week. Some quotes:
- On Marriage: "The institution of marriage is the foundation of civil society. Its success as an institution will determine our success as a nation. It has been proven by both experience and endless social science studies that traditional marriage is best for children. Children raised in intact married families are more likely to attend college, are physically and emotionally healthier, are less likely to use drugs or alcohol, engage in crime, or get pregnant outside of marriage. The success of marriage directly impacts the economic well-being of individuals. Furthermore, the future of marriage affects freedom." (Read More)
- On Adoption: "Families formed or enlarged by adoption strengthen our communities and ennoble our nation. We applaud the Republican legislative initiatives that led to a significant increase in adoptions in recent years, and we call upon the private sector to consider the needs of adoptive families on a par with others. Any restructuring of the federal tax code should recognize the financial impact of the adoption process and the commitment made by adoptive families." (Read More)
- On Abortion: "We call on the government to permanently ban all federal funding and subsidies for abortion and healthcare plans that include abortion coverage." (Read More)
5. 50,000 join Franklin Graham as he leads a prayer for the RNC on Facebook Live.
You can catch the prayer below: