It is increasingly evident that the antiquated past decisions of the Supreme Court concerning abortion are not in line with current medical and scientific knowledge.
Further, in a 2018 study at the University of Chicago & Northwestern Prizker School of Law, titled "Biologists’ Consensus on When Life Begins," renowned experts stated: "Overall, 95% of all biologists affirmed the biological view that a human's life begins at fertilization."
That study affirms that life begins at conception, so we know that an unborn child is not just a “lump of tissue” but a living human being who deserves the same dignity and right to live as anyone else. States like Texas, and certainly North Carolina, should be able to make their own laws respecting the right to life.
At NC Values, we ❤️ protecting the unborn.
Just this year, we have worked with key members of the General Assembly to legislatively champion pro-life initiatives such as:
- Human Life Non-Discrimination Act (HB453): Ban on eugenic abortions for race & Down Syndrome. (Vetoed by Governor; awaiting veto override in both chambers)
- Born Alive Abortion Survivors Act— SB405 Requires healthcare professionals to provide life-saving medical treatment to babies born alive as the result of an abortion. (Passed the Senate; awaiting action in House)
- Second Chance for Life— SB404 Requires abortion providers to give abortion-minded women information about abortion pill reversal & the abortion-reversal hotline number. Increases the criminal penalty for anyone other than a qualified physician who provides abortion pills to abortion-minded women (intended to prohibit mail-order abortion pills). (No action)
- Dignity for Women Who are Incarcerated (H608): Limits the use of restraints for pregnant incarcerated women during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy; mandates care for pregnant incarcerated women; and requires post-partum care. (Presented to Governor 9/1)
- Detected Heartbeat/Prohibit Abortion—H31 Prohibits abortion when a heartbeat is detected in the unborn child. (No action)
- Constitutional Amendment/Life at Fertilization—H158 A bill to vote on a constitutional amendment that will recognize that a distinct and separate human life begins at the moment of fertilization, is recognized as a person by the State, and is entitled to protection by the laws of the State. (No action)
We have been championing pro-life values now for 10 years. On September 30th, you're invited to share in the celebration of our pro-life, pro-family, and pro-liberty work by joining us for our special upcoming Celebration of Carolina Values event with special guests Lt. Governor Mark Robinson and retired Army Ranger and new CEO of Samaritan's Purse Edward Graham.
North Carolina Values Coalition