New York and Governor Cuomo sent a message that shocked our country: NY ❤️ abortion.
Not only did they pass a piece of pro late-term abortion legislation that shocked the general public, but they celebrated this love with applause. They even lit up the One World Trade Center tower pink to celebrate the passing of a bill that legalizes abortions of baby girls up to birth.
When news of their actions reached the American public, there was an incredible outcry. People were shocked, disgusted, and horrified. The thought of murdering babies moments before birth seemed to cause many Americans to change their mind about abortion.
Unfortunately, some other states decided to follow NY's violence. Virginia, Rhode Island, and other states also had prominent Democrat politicians championing bills that allowed for the abortion of healthy babies seconds before birth.
Can you picture anything more unloving than applauding the death of little baby boys and girls? What a tragedy for a city where more of their African American women are having abortions than giving birth!
Fortunately, NC ❤️ babies! The North Carolina House and Senate has filed 7 bills that celebrate the love of life by protecting mothers and their unborn babies:
- Sen. Krawiec, Ballard, and Sawyer filed SB-51, and Rep. Conrad, Johnson, Hurkey, and Barnes filed HB-54, which makes it illegal for a physician to perform a "dismemberment abortion" in North Carolina.
- Sen. Krawiec, Ballard, and Sawyer filed SB-52, and Rep, McElraft, White, R. Turner, and Presnell filed HB-53, which requires a physician to provide women with written information about progesterone, which has been shown to successfully reverse drug-induced abortions.
- Rep. Kidwell, Speciale, and Presnell filed HB-28, which bans abortions after 13 weeks.
- Rep. Pittman, Speciale, and Kidwell filed HB-22, which also requires doctors to tell women about abortion pill reversal treatments.
- Sen. Krawiec, Hise, and Harrington filed SB-359, which is known as the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. When an abortion is attempted and the child is born alive, any healthcare practitioner present shall (1) Exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age. (2) Ensure that the child born alive is immediately transported and admitted to a hospital. There is also created a duty to report in such situations, and criminal and civil prosecution is allowed for violators.
Like these legislators, the NC Values Coalition ❤️ unborn babies, and we plan on doing everything in our power to make sure pro-life legislation gets passed this year in North Carolina.
Do you share this love? Do you love the work we do defending and cherishing life in our state? If you do, would you consider showing us some love by making a $25, $50, or $100 donation today?